Artist Jason Skeldon is Tampa’s New King
10 Questions with Famous Artist Jason Skeldon
Jason Skeldon was born 3/31/1983 in Las Vegas, NV, travelling to Ohio, Georgia and Florida until he graduated from high school. His father was in the Air Force, his mom was a hairstylist, and his older brother and younger sister worked as paramedics for 8 years. Jason explains that he always wanted to pursue a career in art, but was scared to take the risk. One day his friend convinced him to give up being a paramedic and pursue art. Most of his friends have his art hanging in their homes, but the public didn’t really know that he painted. Then one day his friend posted a picture of his art that he did for him on his social media, and things blew up from there. Now Jason has had shows in Tampa, Miami, and Los Angeles, and was recently featured at Freedom’s Art Basel party! A huge come-up for this talented, young artist!!!
- What motivates and inspires your ideas for your unique and creative works?
- What advice would you give to aspiring artists?
- What keeps you going and what’s next for you?
- Where did you get the idea and motivation to start painting in the first place?
- Who is your current famous fan base and how large are you in the art world?
- What awards have you received?
- What charities are you currently working with or do you plan starting your own one day?
- Have you accomplished your goals yet and if not what else is still on that list?
- What artists have inspired you?
- What mediums do you use?
- What motivates and inspires your ideas for your unique and creative works? I am very motivated to paint by the whole street art to canvas art movement.
- What advice would you give to aspiring artists? Advice I would give to an inspiring artist, first is to not give up and second to keep pushing out as many pieces as possible. The more pieces they do the more they will learn and stay true to their style (in other words if you like to paint with acrylic, then stick to it, don’t use watercolor or oil.)
- What keeps you going and what’s next for you? What keeps me going is the love and support I get from each piece I post on social media and the smiles on the customers faces, and the money is always a plus too.
- Where did you get the idea and motivation to start painting in the first place? I started painting early in life in grade school traveling many different places being a military brat (Las Vegas, Ohio, Georgia, Florida). I have switched styles a lot growing up until I started traveling more as an adult to major cities and I fell in love with the street art style. I basically tell customers to picture themselves walking down the street in a major city and seeing graffiti and street art on the wall, well take that and put that in your living room and that is what I am giving them.
- Who is your current famous fan base and how large are you in the art world? Currently I have paintings hanging all over North America and Canada, some of the locations are: Rodeo Drive in Hollywood, CA at Billion Pesos Clothing Boutique, in South Beach Miami, Florida at 1826 Bar and Lounge, in Tampa, FL at the Lit Cigar Bar and many more locations and homes. Currently my fan base is so diverse, from young entrepreneurs, upscale restaurants, to doctors and lawyers offices. However, as an artist, I want everyone to be able to afford a piece of my art if they are sincerely interested in it. So we always make a way to satisfy all clients. My fans and creativity is key!
- What awards have you received? As far as awards I havent put myself in any contests yet.
- What charities are you currently working with or do you plan starting your own one day? I have donated my art work to numerous charities like the Teal Project, Homeless Kids of America, Support for Autism and many more. This year alone I have raised over 10,000 dollars for Homeless Kids in America. I plan on donating art to charity for the rest of my life.
- Have you accomplished your goals yet and if not what else is still on that list? Everytime I complete a goal I start a new one, I believe as far as human nature goals that we can never be satisfied that is why we must continuously create new goals.
- What artists have inspired you? Artists that have inspired me are Banksy, Micheal Shapcott and Voka.
- What mediums do you use? I use modern digital, spray paint and acrylics to create my unique pieces. It is a very unique approach that no one else does.
With such unique art, tons of celebrity clients, a huge fan following and being invited to many art events this talented young artist is going to be rocking the art scene for many years to come!
To see more of his art or to have a piece commissioned for yourself checkout:
Follow him on Facebook and Instagram
email email@example.com or call 813-748-5289 directly!
Enjoy your art,