For the third time in a week since the shootings, University of Alabama shooting/murder suspect Amy “I didn’t know the gun was loaded” Bishop’s background sheds more light on her otherwise seemingly normal life.The 44-year-old Massachusetts native and married mother of four was charged with one count of capital murder and three counts of attempted murder after fatality shooting three colleagues and critically wounding three others in her department located in the Shelby Center for Science and Technology at the University of Alabama Huntsville (UAH) February 12th. Just to shed some light on this incident, she was upset about not gaining tenure for another term as a biology professor there. Police reports stipulate that on Friday, February 12th, 2010, Bishop lectured her anatomy and neuroscience class where she appeared normal followed by a staff department meeting where she sat quietly for 30 minutes before pulling out a 9mm pistol and proceeded to blast off 15 rounds until the clip was empty. She was tackled by a co-worker and subsequently subdued before being arrested a half hour later by Alabama police. Now if you are like me, you are saying, “God-damn!? How can this Northeastern undergrad and PHD recipient from Harvard Medical school be so freaking nutso???” Well, SFL Chronic readers, there are more pieces to this puzzle that most people didn’t know. If they had, however, they wouldn’t be in the position they are now. Here is a quick list of how a person evolves into a complete psychopath. If you have done any of the following, you may be suspect..
- * December 6, 1986 – Bishop, 21, fatally shoots her brother, an MIT student, with a pump action shotgun after blasting off 3 rounds in the house. Upon fleeing the scene she attempted to car-jack a neighbor at gun point. The state rules it “accidental” and the files mysteriously disappear in 1988.
- * May 21st, 1990 – Bishop graduates with a Bachelors in Neuroscience from Northeastern University.
- * December 26th, 1993 – Amy Bishop and her husband, James Anderson, were questioned after a package containing two pipe bombs was sent to the Newton home of Dr. Paul Rosenberg, a professor and doctor at Boston’s Children’s Hospital. She was “beefing” with the professor in public and on campus for weeks about a possible negative review on her doctorate work.
- * June 09, 1994 – After completing her graduate work, Amy Bishop receives a Ph.D in Genetics from Harvard Medical School. She later earns a teaching job at Harvard and competes in many science competitions where once she won $25,000 for a portable cell incubator, what ever the hell that is…
- * 1993 – 2003 – While living in Braintree, MA, Bishop calls 911 a total of 26 times filing complaints about loud children in the neighborhood. During this span, neighbors reported that Bishop would play the violin on her front porch and invite the children to come listen, inviting them in for cookies and milk afterward.
- * 2002- Bishop was charged with assault and battery for a March 2002 incident, in which an enraged Bishop unleashed a profanity-laced tirade against a mother whose child got the last booster seat at the Peabody International House of Pancakes, according to a Peabody police report.
- * 2003 – Bishop and her family move to Alabama and she joins the UAH faculty as a Neuroscientist. Things seem normal for many years as her work is published in many journals.
- * January 10th – 25th, 2010 – Bishop and her husband practice firing from numerous handguns at a local shooting range.
- * February 12th, 2010 – Bishop was denied tenure in March 2009 and expected not to have her teaching contract renewed after March 2010. Her appeal was denied. She attended her departmental meeting and fired 15 rounds killing three and critically wounding three others. Her husband denies knowing where she got the gun she used to kill her colleagues.
Upon being led out by police, she was quoted as saying “It didn’t happen. There’s no way …. they are still alive.” Now, for the record I would like to add that I don’t think this lady is nuts. I believe everything she has done is justifiable. Although wrong, its justifiable. Think of all the times you didn’t get that big promotion at work, or the neighbors let their children run rampant through your back yard, or you almost flunked out of med school. Didn’t that suck? Didn’t you want to kill someone? Did you say you wanted to kill someone? Its OK… We understand. I understand. I mean, the lady got a Ph.D from Harvard for crying out loud. She invents some crazy ass incubator for cells to multiply into more cells and it beats out 456 inventors and she wins $25,000 for it. She’s brilliant and intelligent.. more intelligent than she’s been credited for. Maybe she was on to them and it’s possible that her colleagues at work used her like a worn out mattress at the Chronic mansion. It’s very favorable that the department didn’t need her anymore after they stole her ideas. Maybe she was denied tenure because she was brilliant and UAH department of Neurology already had what they need from Mrs. Bishop, namely her inventions.